Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Been a Long, Long Time

Literally.
And the song...
If you haven't heard it, look it up.
This song was sung by Kitty Kallen and the orchestra conducted by Harry James.
It was the #1 song of 1945...and I bet you can guess why!
I admit it: I'm a sucker for 40's music. :)
So, I missed days 6 and 7 of the challenge. (Blogging I mean. I did actually dress according to the plan.)
Unfortunately my pictures are on a different computer and my homegroup network isn't working so I'll just have to do without.
My friend and piano teacher Sydni suggested I blog about movies, music, and crafts since that is what I know best. So I have decided that Tuesdays are Old Movie/TV days, Thurdays are New Movie/TV days, and either Saturday or Sunday will be craft day. I'll even sneak in a few things about music at random. :P
Since it's Wednesday, and tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I think I'll combine both Tuesday and Thursday's topics!
As for an old movie...I just re-watched Laura with Gene Tierney and Dana Andrews.
I just love Dana Andrews. He is one of my favorite b&w actors. (Second only to Cary Grant)
And Gene Tierney? Can we say gorgeous?
This is one of the most classic detective movies before Hitchcock, and I fell in love with it!
Now for a new(er) TV show...or at least a re-boot of an old one: Doctor Who!!!
Yes, I'm a crazy BBC fan. Aliens and strange places. All done with British accents! Can it get any better? I love, love, LOVE the 10th doctor, played by the fabulous David Tennent.
Look at that cute grin!
His personality is the best! He's witty and funny, and so BRILLIANT!
And that conludes this post...for the present!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

1 comment:

  1. lol So do you like the 10th face of the Doctor better than the 11th? It's sort of a stand off around here...

    And I love that word! Brilliant... I use it all the time now! :D

    Hope you're having a pleasant CHRISTmas season! :)

    To the KING be all the glory!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete