Monday, November 7, 2011

FFC Day 2

So far I have been having a lot of fun with this! Today's challenge was to wear colors that don't normally go together. I chose pink and red. I really don't understand why pink and red are considered to be unfit for each other! I think they compliment each other very well. (Thinking of Valentines Day) Maybe it just depends on the shades of pink and red. So without further ado...


(Please excuse the poor lighting on the pics of the shoes and scarf. I'm really a terrible photographer!)

Pink Miley Cyrus blouse (Walmart), black So pants (Kohl's), red Chaps belt (Kohl's), red scarf (knit by me), Red Madden Girl heels (Amazon).

Trying to get my picture outside today was a little difficult. I live in Arizona just a couple miles away from the Superstition Mountains and we've been getting a little rain.
Rain in Arizona? Unusual, yes, but definitely a wonderful break from the past summer heat. We FINALLY got a cold front. As a man at our church said, (and I paraphrase) "We went from summer, to fall, to winter in one week. You gotta love Arizona."
The weather has been gorgeous, but unfortunately came on too fast. We had no winter clothes for 5 of my younger siblings and I have almost no long sleeve shirts. So I've been wearing t-shirts and jeans with a hoodie a lot lately. :)
For now, I think I'll just sit back and enjoy the weather from the warmth and comfort of my home.
Au Revoir!



9 comments:

  1. Hi, Megan, I found your blog through Bramblewood Fashion.

    I've always thought pink and red go well together, too--they're basically in the same "color family," LOL.

    That scarf is really pretty--love the pattern. Did you knit it yourself?

    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute! I can't wear heels since I'm tall anyway and they hurt my feet, but they're definitely cute on you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wild Rose: They are in the same color family, and I think people believe that colors in the same family don't do well together. After looking at all the posts today so far, I have to disagree with the people who think that!
    And yes, I knit the scarf myself. I can't remember the name of the pattern though. It's burried in a box with all my other knitting and crochet stuff! :P

    Annie: Thank you so much! These heels are a tad taller than I would like, and rub my pinkie toes 'till they're as red as the shoes, but they were the shortest red heels I could find. I had a hard time finding any that were under 4" and weren't on a 1" platform! These were definitely a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really cute outfit, Megan! I really like the belt and scarf!

    I think you're right about the colors - it depends on the pink and red that you're combining. I'm enjoying the rain too - and I love the dark clouds outside! :)

    To the KING be all the glory!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit! :) You have a wonderful sense of style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Nela and Libbi for your lovely comments!
    Rebekah: Oh My Goodness! I haven't seen you in ages! How are you? I saw on your blog that you've moved. Where to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a really long time! I'm doing pretty well. How are you?

    We moved about a mile down the road from where we lived before. We have a really big backyard now! :)

    I miss seeing you all! I bet your enjoying the little ones in your house. :)

    To the KING be all the glory!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit! I love your red heels. :)

    ReplyDelete